cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ickram
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Is is possible to create a Lansweeper agent that can be installed on client PCs? Which has bandwidth throttling capabilities?
The reason for this request is for the following reason. I have 150 laptop users who work from home, the have only 80 KB assigned to them when they access the corporate network via SSL remote access.

SSL VPN access is provided by a third party which tightly manages the bandwidth allocation and performace for remote users. As Lansweeper uses agentless WMI scan to perform audit and inventory of the laptops from lansweeper server. The third party provider is blocking our scans to the laptop from lansweeper server as it consumes too much bandwidth.

Is there any solution to this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The post you found is rather old (2009). If you want to use LsPush I recommend looking at this knowledgebase article.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni

Agent-based scanning is now possible with LsPush, included in Lansweeper version 4.2. Our latest 4.2 installer can be found here. Info on scanning with LsPush can be found on page 32 of our online documentation.
One full scan takes up just 40KB of traffic.

Lansweeper wrote:
Agent-based scanning is now possible with LsPush, included in Lansweeper version 4.2. Our latest 4.2 installer can be found here. Info on scanning with LsPush can be found on page 32 of our online documentation.
One full scan takes up just 40KB of traffic.

Would it be possible to have an install solution made? Maybe schedule a LSpush every 2 hours? It's not practical to go to every computer and setup LSPush manually.

pnigit
Engaged Sweeper
I also needs a similar solution

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now