cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dennisatsub
Engaged Sweeper
Love the LS tool!

My question is: I have the LS tool running on a mixed bag of pc's and server's running all flavors of Windows. I am running the scan on a DC in my environment and I want to be able to see how many server licenese I need to have. The scan shows that I only need one when of course that's not accurate as it's a domain controller.

Please let me know if I need to supply more information and thanks in advance!

Dennis
10 REPLIES 10
ma-soares
Engaged Sweeper
This would be a great thing to have.
dennisatsub
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you!!

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I'll move this to the wishlist
dennisatsub
Engaged Sweeper
If I may, I would assume that i'm not the only person facing this issue. Does anyone have a way to gather CAL information on such servers requiring them without using Microsoft's licensing servce? A script perhaps that works within Lansweeper?

thanks!

Dennis
dennisatsub
Engaged Sweeper
Also...does the Premium version provide any such scanning capabilites (monitor CAL licensing)?
Thanks!
Dennis
dennisatsub
Engaged Sweeper
I was afraid of that.

So what you are saying is that Lansweeper can only decipher whether a server or workstation has an installed OS and it's license.
If a server is being used to issue DHCP or perform another network role and CAL's come into play then Lansweeper isn't the tool to use?

thanks again!
dennisatsub wrote:
I was afraid of that.

So what you are saying is that Lansweeper can only decipher whether a server or workstation has an installed OS and it's license.
If a server is being used to issue DHCP or perform another network role and CAL's come into play then Lansweeper isn't the tool to use?

thanks again!

That's indeed correct, the premium version also doesn't provide this.
dennisatsub
Engaged Sweeper
Exactly correct! I am looking for CAL license information.
Can this product identify number of CAL's needed according to it's use?

thanks again!

Dennis
dennisatsub wrote:
Exactly correct! I am looking for CAL license information.
Can this product identify number of CAL's needed according to it's use?

thanks again!

Dennis

No, this information is not gathered by lansweeper