→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDSXIT
Engaged Sweeper II
Do you know of a good place or have a master list of all the GUID's used for microsoft Products? Some of our Products aren't reporting keys for all Versions. For instance we have OEM, System Builder, Volume License and Retail versions of Office 2007 and all of them have a slightly different GUID for the registration key. So some of our office installs show their keys and others dont. I had added about 50 different keys to scan for those versions and it appears those got overwritten upgrading to 4.0. The process of manually digging in every machines registry to find them to add them manually was a headache I would really rather not go thru ever again.

Some way to Use Produkey instead of lansweeper for key scanning would be a nice feature as it already gets every MS product key. I was playing with having produkey run as a scheduled task taily, expert to a CSV, and then import it into the lansweeper database, but that seems like a messy way to do it and I'd really rather have the product I purchased do it. Spiceworks has the ability to use Produkey for scanning so I would hope yall would add it as well.
2 REPLIES 2
GDSXIT
Engaged Sweeper II
Wow my office even put itself in a strange place in the Registry. It's at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Registration\{91120000-0031-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} This is on Windows 7 64-bit and it's Office 2007 System Builder

Produkey still finds the key and I'm adding that key to the product keys section of Lansweeper now, but it would be nice if there was a way to implement however produkey scans for keys or maybe just a way to point key scanning to produkey.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We have added the GUID's that we know of, but for office there must be a better way.
I'll see if we can come up with something better.