cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Gilian
Product Team
Product Team

Hi everyone!

Lansweeper is delighted to announce the availability of its new IT Agent in your Lansweeper Site, now in Preview. Track your hard-to-reach assets using the IT Agent which tracks the details of a single computer running Windows, Linux, or Apple MacOS and sends these directly to your Lansweeper Site.

How to access IT Agent in your Lansweeper Site

1. Open a browser and navigate to https://app.lansweeper.com.
  2. Choose the Lansweeper Site to which you want to link the IT Agent Discovery. 
  3. Go to Scanning > Discovery sources > Download installers/packages > IT Agent Discovery

A brief explanation

• Learn how to install/deploy IT Agent here.
  • After a successful installation, the IT Agent(s) will be shown in your Lansweeper Site in Scanning > Discovery systems.

• To see the asset data, you can open Inventory > All assets (and you can use the search/advanced filter on the top right to filter on the specific assets/installation where IT Agent is running)

Product comparison

Lansweeper Network Discovery vs Lansweeper IT Agent (Portable) Discovery

Topic

Summary

Discover all IT (and later OT) assets in your network

Get all details of the computers you know that have IT Agent Discovery installed and running as a background service or daemon.

Planned, not available yet. Get all details of the computers on which you run IT Agent as a foreground application. Ideal to be included in a logon script

Asset reach

Tracks both the machine running Network Discovery and discovers IT (and later OT) assets remotely

Local computer tracking where the IT Agent Discovery is running

Local computer tracking where the IT Agent Discovery is running

Credentials

Requires credentials to get all asset details remotely

Does not require credentials

Does not require credentials

Network access

Requires specific ports to be open on the assets to discover. See 

Few connectivity requirements. See 

An encryption key from a Lansweeper Network Discovery - Hub component. Either direct access to the hub or a location to store the discovery result file in, for later import.

Request for feedback

It's time for us to let you try and test this new feature. We hope this first version will give you an easy-to-deploy agent-based discovery.

Finally, we're all ears! Your feedback is valuable, and we'd love to hear it.

Feel free to share in the comments or share your logs and screenshots privately to preview@lansweeper.com

Kind regards,

Gilian De Raes
Product Manager | Lansweeper

76 REPLIES 76

@ninjalee 

These should show up in inventory > duplicate conflicts so you can manually merge them in bulk. However there seems to be a bug so the IT Agent assets are no longer included here. I created an internal issue so we can resolve this. As soon as it's fixed, you'll be able to merge the assets. Later on, once the reconciliation engine's ready, this will be done automatically based on your preferences set in your Lansweeper Site.

Is there any update on the duplicate asset using the IT Agent?

@ninjalee 

Meanwhile the bug has been resolved and you should see IT Agent assets also in inventory > duplicate conflicts so you can manually merge them. The automatic merging using the reconciliation engine is still being worked on and should result in unique assets starting Q4 this year.

Hmmmm... I don't know. I only see 4 assets in the Duplicate Conflict tab, but I see many duplicates in the All Assets tab.

jsutherland125
Engaged Sweeper

We are trying to deploy the IT agent via Intune to our assets in the field. It seems that the token expires in 24 hours and after that installations fail. Is this expected behavior? If so, is there a method to deploy this agent?

Edit: I see this is expected (it obviously tells you that when getting the token), however, is there a preferred method to use to deploy the agent via Intune or any other deployment service that relies on device check-in that may not occur in the same day?

As the last that @Gilian comment on earlier post, the developer team is working on a way to achieve this, there are many as you and me that are waiting for that to complete... The only option that I found that could help you is to target computers specific that doesn't have the client already installed and change it every day... Seems a lot of work... Yeap... But probably until it gets addressed on a later release is the only option.

@avillarreal and @jsutherland125 ,

We've extended the linking code duration so you can now choose how long a single linking code should remain valid (1 day, 1 month, 3 months, ...)

Go to Scanning > Discovery sources > Link discovery source. Select Create new code, set an expiration and select Copy code.

CloudFire
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi,
I've installed the IT Agent on several MacOS and Windows devices, but the date of the last scan attempt on all of those is when the agent was installed. Does the 24h rescan really work? I've also edited the default rescan time to "every 4h", but nothing has changed. 
I know that I can force it using APIs, but I can't implement them right now. 

Thanks!

CloudFire
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi @Gilian, could you give us a feedback?

Thanks!

Hi @CloudFire 
We released a new version 0.15.7 today which you can download here:

https://download.lansweeper.com/stable/windows/it-agent-discovery/latest,
https://download.lansweeper.com/stable/MAC/it-agent-discovery-dmg/latest,
https://download.lansweeper.com/stable/MAC/it-agent-discovery-pkg/latest

These should already resolve most scenarios but our team is still working out on resolving the last ones for which a new patch version will be made available soon.