cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dop
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,

When i print an QR code on PDF it will show the AssetID, when i print on JPG (which is great to print it on my Dymo Label) there is no ID visible.

Can this be changed?

Thanks

Robin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
When generating a PDF QR code it is indeed possible to add the URL of the asset which includes the Asset ID, while this same option isn't available for JPG QR codes. JPG QR Codes were intended to be printed out to be attached to the physical asset. As outside of the database an asset ID is just a number without much meaning, we determined it wouldn't have much value to add it to QR Codes. The option to add the URL under PDF QR codes was added as PDF QR codes were likely to also be consulted digitally.

We've moved your post to the Lansweeper wishlist section of our forum and have added an item to our customer wishlist for adjustments to the JPG QR Code, to allow the option to add either the URL or just the Asset ID underneath the QR Code. At this moment in time we cannot yet guarantee that this change will be implemented though and we cannot provide you with an estimated release date.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dop
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the reply.

When i print PDF it always show asset name whit AssetID between ( ). I don't need to add the URL for this.
When i print JPG i have only have the option to add AssetName

The reason i want AssetID included is cause this will always be unique. An Asset name can be changed.
Anyway, it would be great if PDF and JPG have the same output result

Of coarse, if PDF would have a single label (whit adjustable papersize) option the same goal would be achieved.

Many thanks
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
When generating a PDF QR code it is indeed possible to add the URL of the asset which includes the Asset ID, while this same option isn't available for JPG QR codes. JPG QR Codes were intended to be printed out to be attached to the physical asset. As outside of the database an asset ID is just a number without much meaning, we determined it wouldn't have much value to add it to QR Codes. The option to add the URL under PDF QR codes was added as PDF QR codes were likely to also be consulted digitally.

We've moved your post to the Lansweeper wishlist section of our forum and have added an item to our customer wishlist for adjustments to the JPG QR Code, to allow the option to add either the URL or just the Asset ID underneath the QR Code. At this moment in time we cannot yet guarantee that this change will be implemented though and we cannot provide you with an estimated release date.