cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carl_stern
Engaged Sweeper
I searched through the posts but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm working on a software licensing audit. What I need is a report like the "Software Overview" report. However, on my domain, this reports returns ~2000 items. Many of which I don't care about. I'm only interested in software that required a license (probably more like 50 to 150 items at most). What's the best way to either omit specific items (could potentially be time consuming) or explicitly search for specific items (has potential to miss something).

Thanks...
3 REPLIES 3
jmanning
Engaged Sweeper
I've seen responses to this question saying it would be available in version 4 and then in version 5. Is this available now?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
jmanning wrote:
I've seen responses to this question saying it would be available in version 4 and then in version 5. Is this available now?

A 5.X version of Lansweeper will classify software, but we do not yet have a release date for this feature.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
It is not currently possible to "ignore" software items for license compliance. This ability will be added in Lansweeper version 5.0. We do not yet have a release date for this version.
To create a report with just the software information you're after, you would have to specify software criteria manually.

To find specific software items, either:
- Perform a search for the item through the Lansweeper web console. Note that the web console uses a "begins with" filter. When clicking on a software search result, you will be taken to a webpage that lists all computers with that software package installed.
- Use the report below. Replace "YourSoftware" with the software item you're after.

Select tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
tblComputers.Domain, tblSoftware.softwareName, tblSoftware.softwareVersion,
tblSoftware.SoftwarePublisher, tblSoftware.Installdate,
tblSoftware.Lastchanged
From tblComputers Inner Join
tblSoftware On tblComputers.Computername = tblSoftware.ComputerName
Where tblSoftware.softwareName Like '%YourSoftware%'
Order By tblComputers.ComputerUnique