cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgodfrin
Engaged Sweeper II
Folks,
This knowledgebase is truly a font of knowledge, advice, tips and tricks, etc. However, I am fond of saving special web pages in document form for printing,annotating, and for use in my own documents for my team. However, printing the articles ends up wiping out the tops of every page where there's a background graphic, rendering the printed copy useless.

I had found one article from 2016 which discusses this method:
We're adding a print preview button in a future update, but for now you could do one of the following:
Select the text on the page you want to print, then select Selection under Print range on the print window (Ctrl + p)
Change the word Default.aspx in the URL bar to KBArticle.aspx and you'll get only the text of the article

Which doesn't work. So, that leaves me with the question:
How do I print or save the knowledge base articles in a useful form?

thanks,
phil
4 REPLIES 4
pgodfrin
Engaged Sweeper II
Halleluiah! This works like a charm:

https://www.printfriendly.com/

pgodfrin
Engaged Sweeper II
OK,thanks. I did try PDF conversion, but it still munges up the information.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Unfortunately, the feature you mentioned is not yet put into production. Most likely due to the low amount of request. the wording in the quote is maybe a bit too suggestive.

Since that post we've changed how the web console works so the workaround mentioned is indeed no longer possible. All you can do for now is copy the text to a text editor. It's really not designed to be printed so unfortunately its the only workaround.

I'll link the topic to the feature request so it gets a +1 on the requests.
Charles.X wrote:

Since that post we've changed how the web console works so the workaround mentioned is indeed no longer possible.

I am running version 7 and I am still able to use the work around. Does the "new" web console only apply to fresh installs? I upgraded from version 6.x.