→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
I searched the forums and couldn't find anything about this.
Is there a way to get search results from the WebUI using keywords in the custom fields. For instance, we have a custom field "Citrix" and if a PC is a citrix client, we add "ICA11" or something of that nature into the custom field. We would like to search from the WebUI for "ICA11" and have it come back with all the PC's with that in the Citrix custom field.
Another example would be we add a "User:" custom field with the user's name in it so we can identify the primary user for the PC. Then search for their user name.
Thanks in advance!
9 REPLIES 9
sarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
Fantastic!!!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Custom field search is added to the latest beta
DGoodwin
Engaged Sweeper
We got ours working by trial and error by using %% in front of our numbers, since our asset numbers are tagged by division then sticker tag number.

Two percents seems to work for computers and one for software searching.

ie, to find computer SEA001234, we'd use %%001234
ie, to find Microsoft KB's, we'd use %kb% and drill down.

Hope this helps.
sarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
DGoodwin wrote:
We got ours working by trial and error by using %% in front of our numbers, since our asset numbers are tagged by division then sticker tag number.

Two percents seems to work for computers and one for software searching.

ie, to find computer SEA001234, we'd use %%001234
ie, to find Microsoft KB's, we'd use %kb% and drill down.

Hope this helps.

While that is a good thing to know (that will definitely help us in some of our searches), it is not what the original "wish" was for. I was wishing for the search to include information that has been entered into the custom fields. Currently when searching, it does not look through anything in the custom fields tab.
Merick1983
Engaged Sweeper
Is it not possible to do this by using the "%" character ? I.E. %54125%

I'm not at work at the moment so i can't try it.
sryan
Engaged Sweeper III
This seems like such a simple addition of code. Something this small would help us manage our inventory better too. Our machines are named HS-A01-54125. The last five digits are the asset tag. We would really like the ability to search for that without the full name in case there is an older machine name still in lansweeper.

Lansweeper does not seem to deal with computer name changes very well.

Please consider adding this obvious feature. We are considering purchasing the Enterprise edition for our School District.
jantjeb
Engaged Sweeper
at the moment the search function only uses a wildcard after what you type. but it would be nice if it uses a wildcard before and after what you type in the searchbar.
gdavid
Champion Sweeper
I second this.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This is currently not possible, I'll add it to the wishlist