1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BullGates wrote:
Now that the scan of computers is implemented, it would be really useful to have the uptime of computers implemented in some type of report. I mean the REAL up-time. If I had now the field "Lasbootuptime" as we had in previous versions, I could relate the "Lastbootuptime" field with the "Lastseen" one to make the report I need. I have my own processes but it would be useful to have it native on Lansweeper. Is it possible to add Lastbootuptime back to LS database? Or implement a report that states the up-time reliably?

We are working on something related (better than lastbootuptime)
zline
Engaged Sweeper
does Helpdesk include in new version?
novasam
Engaged Sweeper III
One more feature came to mind. I would like the option to point the pictures for users to the built in field in Active Directory.

With Outlook 2010 and Sharepoint, it is starting to make more sense to store the photo in Active Directory, and then just point all systems here to pull the latest photos, even if Lansweeper keeps photos in the same location, just that when it scans active directory it copies it to the lansweeper server some
how.
jdunphy
Engaged Sweeper
I would really love to have the ability to see External USB drives connected and Print Drivers used on the computers in my network
novasam
Engaged Sweeper III
Just thought of one more feature I would like to see in the next release.

You know how you can see the last 50 computers a user has been on:

Wouldn't it me nice to see the last 50 users to access a computer, I know it shows the last user, but somtimes you run into a situation where someone just wants to know who was logged into a computer at such and such time/date.

I know it probably would be no better then what we already have but it would be a start. Maybe there is a way to pull login data from even logs or active directory to make this even better. Just a thought.
novasam
Engaged Sweeper III
Just to add the helpdesk conversation, we currently use SysAid which works pretty well and is reasonably priced. It has a lot of features and can do a lot of stuff. We still perfer to use Lansweeper for everything else, cause its a lean mean network fighting machine. 😉

My Wish List

1) The ability to Add Computers and Devices Manually form the web interface, maybe also change and lock scan settings and to be able to disable scanning or deletion of these manually added computers and devices. Mainly I would like to monitor warrenties and stuff like we currently do with our actively scanned devices, so please use the same tables for serials and service tags.

2) Monitor manually entered Support, Service, Maintanance Agreements or Contracts for hardware and software. So we can be notified when they are up for renewal and have a central place to pull costs for budgetting.

3) Monitor Public Domain Names (DNS). Maybe even check whois database daily to update the expiration date on the domain, and be able to enter Description, Cost and so on to be used for notifications, reports and budgetting.

4) Same as the Public DNS request above, but for SSL certificates. Maybe there is a way that the system can check current certs for expiration dates, and place for us to add costs. I would like to check SSL certs for HTTPS, SSH, Exchange, and any others that may use a cert. Then as the others above we could run reports, get notifications, check back for budgitary reasons.

M4ttyC88
Engaged Sweeper
Would it be possible to add a column to any screen where i see a computer to advise me whether it is currently online (Cont. Ping)? You could use the usual colour tick and cross as the indicator.

This would be useful to us as I go through all the problamatic reports every other day and rectify the problems but i have to go into each computer and run the ping action to check if it is online 1st. It would be handy to see at a glance which machines i can attack at any one time.
Fossy777
Engaged Sweeper III
M4ttyC_88 wrote:
Would it be possible to add a column to any screen where i see a computer to advise me whether it is currently online (Cont. Ping)? You could use the usual colour tick and cross as the indicator.

This would be useful to us as I go through all the problamatic reports every other day and rectify the problems but i have to go into each computer and run the ping action to check if it is online 1st. It would be handy to see at a glance which machines i can attack at any one time.

I support this feature request: It would be nice to have a column in reports, that shows the online or offline status of the systems of this report, maybe using some flash thing or something else. Even better would be a switch to change view between all and only online systems.

Imagine I have a report reporting a specific problem with lower priority and I want to test the solution on one PC which is currently running. Now I have to click one PC after the other and then on the page of the PC ping it. With this solution above I already would see on the report page which systems are online.
Anonymous
Not applicable
NeilL
Engaged Sweeper
The ability to do offline scanning with an import function as we have a lot of laptops that are not on the domain but would like to go out and scan them and have there data imported back into Lansweeper.