Please make a priority list like this:

1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
pnigit
Engaged Sweeper
1) Role-based access. Some people we want to be able to look at the information, but not run actions , other cant see informations about some devices , other can see only specified group/OU of users/computers
2) AGENT !!!!! Offsite LAPTOPS / Stations (computers which not belongs to static IP POOLS - connected via VPN ? , not belongs to AD , have many diffrent Admin accounts , have connection to LanSweeper server from time to time )
- could be installed silently via psexec ( for example when laptop is connected via VPN) to datacenter
- could buffer data , compress it , and send to LanSweeper server when computer can reach it

3) SHOW AD GroupMemberships
4) Better time schedule not in days ( but also hours / minutes ?)
5) Port Mapping / Switch MApping USER:COMPUTER:IP:SWITCH:PORT ( using snmp , or commands via telnet /ssh wrapper ?)
6) Help Desk with user portal for users (Active Directory Users and Anonoymous - not AD users)
7) Network map (We can add background image with rooms , buildings and place by drag & drop on map )
8)Track User Logon/Logoff/ Lock Workstation /Unlock Workstation information
positronic_mis
Engaged Sweeper
1. Software install/uninstall (example: search for all computers with Flash Player version x.y and upgrade to x.w etc)

1a. An Lsclient that would notify user of an scheduled software install right now, on shutdown OR allow the user to postpone until a permitted date (perhaps the admin set a hard 'deadline' the app must be allowed to be installed.

2. Helpdesk with user portal - it tie in really nicely with Lansweeper's hw/sw inventory tools.

Could it slice some bread & sever coffee???
Srikanth08
Engaged Sweeper II
we can have good remote uninstall both exe and msi..

and also the user name for each softwares, now it is not showing
Regards, Srikanth08
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Srikanth08 wrote:
we can have good remote uninstall both exe and msi..

and also the user name for each softwares, now it is not showing

Please give some more information for your request.
micropower
Engaged Sweeper
More Product key recovery, today the list of key recover is too low, new adobe products, can´t find the serial numbers
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
micropower wrote:
More Product key recovery, today the list of key recover is too low, new adobe products, can´t find the serial numbers

Most new adobe product don't store the license key in the registry anymore.
infrastructure
Engaged Sweeper
- Download and store switch and router running configuration with a comparative versioning control.
- wildcards on IP exclusion and IP range

Thanks, Great job!
sjohnson
Engaged Sweeper
I believe the most important needed feature for Lansweeper is an easier method to build reports. There should be a wizard based option to generate reports quickly rather than the confusing SQL tables method used currently. Lansweeper pulls so much information but creating all these reports is so time-consuming and they never work quite as you'd expect. (For example, creating a report for all machines that do not have X software installed is much more complicated than it would seem.)
CvR
Engaged Sweeper
1. Track User Logoff information

2. Enhance software inventory
(as described bij PierreN in "Please enhance software inventory and hide useless software")

3.Computer usage reporting (logon count, users, peaks, etc.)

4.Search LS database for AD descriptions (used for computer locations and assetnumbers)

5.Computer NIC speed reporting
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now that the scan of computers is implemented, it would be really useful to have the uptime of computers implemented in some type of report. I mean the REAL up-time. If I had now the field "Lasbootuptime" as we had in previous versions, I could relate the "Lastbootuptime" field with the "Lastseen" one to make the report I need. I have my own processes but it would be useful to have it native on Lansweeper. Is it possible to add Lastbootuptime back to LS database? Or implement a report that states the up-time reliably?