3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
Ingraham2
Engaged Sweeper III
Wish List:

1. Custom WMI calls
2. Agree with tool to compare PC's to AD and select for deletion from LS
3. An interactive report for PC's not meeting certain requirements (ie. drop downs or form for CPU, OS etc, boolean expression) (We have our standard minimum and use the built in report but like to check what pc's do not meet requirements for new apps/OS etc.)

That's all for now
cheche
Champion Sweeper
Documentation:
* ASP.Net pages description
* Tables and Views description
EPiServer
Engaged Sweeper
1. Ability to add the computer manually when you can not scan it. eg. Mac, Linux or other VLANs, etc.

PS. Keep on good working!
DavidMS
Engaged Sweeper
Add a feature for detecting WWAN cards. Set it up so that the last computer to use a specific card (with the logged in user) to access the VPN gets logged. I work in an company where we have regular problems keeping track of all the Wireless cards.

Thanks,

David
Pollak
Engaged Sweeper III
1. Track print devices including toner/ink levels.
2. Network map.
3. Notifiactions on any slected object/s change/additon in Lansweeper. (e.g. memory added or removed, software installed or removed, Computer Management changes such as new local user and/or local group changes).
4. Tracj non-network devices (e.g. projectors, PDA, monitors, etc...).

Thanks,
Niles
techmeone
Engaged Sweeper
would like to see:

1. needs capability to scan all network devices, i.e printers, phone, network switches, ,mobile computers, scanners
2. needs to audit software usage
3. power monitoring of pc's

rmuldoon01
Engaged Sweeper
Even though we are fairly happy with our helpdesk software with the exception of it's asset management. I would drop it in a second, if you integrated a helpdesk product that met our needs.

We are a small shop and the helpdesk software is fairly simple. We use Tech+Center by Internet Software Sciences. What we like about the product is the price, web based, SQL backend (optional MS Access), track hours by tech and case, customers can create and review cases.

It is actually free for 2 techs and I use it at home for side work. You are also able to create invoices from time documented in cases.
RAFF37817
Engaged Sweeper
1. "Machine Clean-up" - A seperate utility to compare the machines in the LanSweeper database to Active Directory and tag those machines for removal or archive - then click a button to commit those changes after any manual edits you wish to make.

This would help keep "dead machines" off the counts and reports.
UMTH
Engaged Sweeper
I like all these ideas. and the iphone app! would be badass
TribuneLanSweep
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for asking 🙂

1) More decriptive error messaging (Specially the WMI errors)
2) External tools to import data into the database (From other platforms not supported<NT/Linux/UNIX>)

If you can do this, I'll be your biggest fan