Please make a priority list like this:

1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
miki
Engaged Sweeper
From my point of view (but I'm testing it since few days only) things, which are missing:

1. Monitoring specified events seen in event viewer (especially errors in system section).
2. Sending emails (scheduled or "alerted" after scan of computer).
3. calculating size of defined folders (especially profile sizes or desktop sizes) - we are always warning users, that desktops are not backed up, so data kept locally can be lost... unfortunately still that's normal, that users are storing data on desktops

additional (not very important) wishes:
- enable to set images as defined links, not only as files (we have system, where images are in intranet, there is no sense to copy this for computer of IT members)
- sending message to a client before scanning
- extended security for viewing reports (i.e, that every user can see his/her machine and

About SNMP - I suggest to create another product or include it to lansweeper as an additional module. SNMP it's a big subject, lot of devices, OIDs, behaviours, even SNMP versions should be taken into consideration... and in fact - not everybody needs it. And not everybody can set devices properly to use SNMP.

About helpdesk - from my experience, Lansweeper part is only small part of bigger solution (called IT management). So helpdesk from Lansweeper probably will not solve all problems, because there are also other, bigger and most important topics for company managers - ERP, CRM, document flow, CTI, special softwares and projects... Totally not connected with your hardware or licenses... There are not only tickets, but also projects (with time measurement, resources costs etc), requests, inventory management, knowledge base, delegation, queueing, and probably some other options...
Such big systems are already on the market, but they need to be implemented with experienced people, because newbies will not manage (we are currently using Altiris, but this is very big cow without intuitive and efficient interface)

If you will make helpdesk - I suggest to reduce demands only to core functionality of LanSweeper 🙂

Few words about
best point of this software is simplicity and intuitive interface. Also good manual...

Regards
Michal
paprita
Champion Sweeper
The possibility to "capture" hardware data of network printer, switch, router ... every device on network ...
adminicrater
Engaged Sweeper
This is the online demo: http://www.readydesk.com/demo5a.asp

adminicrater
Engaged Sweeper

1. Monitoring/Problem Determination - SNMP - WMI - Powershell
2. Helpdesk (we have ReadyDesk now - and it sucks, i mean it is awful!)
adminicrater wrote:

Helpdesk (we have ReadyDesk now - and it sucks, i mean it is awful!)

Without bashing a competitor. Could you give a short summary of what is wrong and how we can do it better.
WildPh
Engaged Sweeper II
On the top of my wishlist is also the helpdesk module.
decula
Engaged Sweeper
I would like to "second" teratin's request for SNMP support. Not only do you pick up a lot of printers and embedded (router, switch)
devices, you could pick up servers based on linux that have net-snmp installed.
bnick22
Engaged Sweeper
Network Device Scanning AND offline items. The feature that keeps Spiceworks running in my environment (rather than moving to Lansweeper) is network device scanning for things like switches, access points, and printers; as well as the ability to manage offline devices like monitors. I would love to move to Lansweeper exclusively, but I currently can't for this reason.

Others have requested that feature using multiple threads. Ultimately a forum is a bad place to keep track of these requests, because it's very difficult to find out which features are in highest demand. I'd love to see Lansweeper use something like UserVoice (http://uservoice.com/) for managing feature requests.
solutioncenter
Engaged Sweeper
1) Search box for Custom fields
Anonymous
Not applicable
For laptops there is always a problem to get the inventory data, specially if they connect only by vpn or by wireless without running the login script. Wouldn't it be possible to make an helper tool that autoruns every time, and tries to ping the LS server then only when the ping is successful, it runs the scan and quits?

I will make such a tool if you don't but I didn't had the time yet...