cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfn
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I'm pretty new to Lansweeper but find it totally awesome! I'm trying to integrate it with Web Help Desk which still doesn't support the version 5 database, so I'm trying to import assets by using database views (which works).

I'm stupid at SQL but found a query that created a list of all computers with the required informations and I managed to create a view in SQL Server Management Studio (I'm using SQL Server 2008 R2 Express).

Now I also want to create other views that holds printers, network equipment and so forth. Can I create these as reports in Lansweeper and access those as views in SQL server? That would be more neat than having to create them directly in the SQL database.

Regards,
René Frej Nielsen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no need to use SQL Server Management Studio to build reports. The same functionality can be found in the Lansweeper report builder, which automatically creates views for your reports. Report view names start with "web40rep"/"web50rep".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rfn
Engaged Sweeper
Yes that's what I found out. It's the solution that I was looking for.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you clarify your question. Views only store SQL queries, not actual data. They will return the most recently available data when run.
rfn
Engaged Sweeper
Great... Are reports/views updated automatically when something changes or do I have to run the reports regularly?
rfn
Engaged Sweeper
When I look in the database then there are no views with the names that I have used in Lansweeper. A report called "Test" i called "web50repc3376691f83443f8a0db35a88b1b9751" in the database. Is that normal behavior?

It's no problem as long as the name is consistent because I will just have Web Help Desk point to that view.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
rfn wrote:
A report called "Test" i called "web50repc3376691f83443f8a0db35a88b1b9751" in the database. Is that normal behavior?

Yes. Lansweeper automatically assigns a unique, internal name to the report.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no need to use SQL Server Management Studio to build reports. The same functionality can be found in the Lansweeper report builder, which automatically creates views for your reports. Report view names start with "web40rep"/"web50rep".