cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to create a report that is the history of all the USB devices that have been plugged into a computer. I have found the location in the registry but am not sure how to put it into a report.

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USBSTOR each device is listed with a cryptic name, and by going into each you can find the FriendlyName for each device. Is there a way to have Lansweeper go into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USBSTOR\xxx\yyy\FriendlyName to create a report, where xxx and yyy will vary for each USB device and each computer? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This isn't possible unfortunately. While it is possible to scan registry information with custom registry scanning, only *specific* value names can be scanned. No parameters or wildcards are available for registry scanning.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
If you want to do things manually, you can try NirSoft's USBDeView. Until I find something better, that's the route I've gone.

I use LANSweeper to generate a list of systems and a batch command for each machine, copy/paste the list of commands into a .bat file (actually several .bat files that I run simultaneously in order to speed the process up), then copy/paste the output into a little Access database in order to filter the results. It's a kludge, it takes a little time to do, but those who wanted to see the USB activity have been appreciative.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This isn't possible unfortunately. While it is possible to scan registry information with custom registry scanning, only *specific* value names can be scanned. No parameters or wildcards are available for registry scanning.