cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff
Engaged Sweeper
We had a report that would list the software installed on a group of computers, and the group had been defined as a static group 'Company Workstations'. We now have Lansweeper 5.2.0.22 installed, and I deleted the static group and created a dynamic group with the same name, but the report below now returns no data. Can a dynamic group be used with a report such as below?

Thanks,
Jeff

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblSoftwareUni.softwareName,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion,
tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblADComputers.OU
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblSoftware On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSoftware.AssetID
Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftwareUni.SoftID = tblSoftware.softID
Inner Join tblAssetGroupLink On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetGroupLink.AssetID
Inner Join tblAssetGroups On tblAssetGroups.AssetGroupID =
tblAssetGroupLink.AssetGroupID
Inner Join tblADComputers On tblAssets.AssetID = tblADComputers.AssetID
Where tblAssetGroups.AssetGroup Like 'Company Workstations%'
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
No, dynamic asset groups cannot be queried by name. A similar question was asked here. Dynamic group members aren't stored in the database, as they're constantly subject to change. The group members are only loaded when you open a dynamic group page within the web console.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks, with the link to the other question I was able to use a workaround as you mentioned. My dynamic group was looking for workstations, and that were in a specific OU, so I have the report using those two items now instead of a group membership to accomplish the same thing.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
No, dynamic asset groups cannot be queried by name. A similar question was asked here. Dynamic group members aren't stored in the database, as they're constantly subject to change. The group members are only loaded when you open a dynamic group page within the web console.