cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S_Ada
Engaged Sweeper
Hello, I have been using this report on daily basis to see the software changes in the environment with great use by combining it with a daily scan schedule in the network.

There is though one point that popped in my head today that might be an open point for the report to miss software changes.

If a client is not connected to network for 3 days, and installs a software (or any change related to any) on the 1st day of three, then when the client is back in network on the 4th day, scan will not catch this software change as the change date is over 24 hours.

Could anyone kindly let me know if my logic is correct on this one please?

Best Regards,
Serhat
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email as well, but our answer may require further clarification. In the situation you're describing, the report *will* include the software change, as the date the report is filtered on (the Lastchanged field of the tblSoftwareHist table) is the date the software change was *detected* by Lansweeper. If a software change occurs on Monday when the machine is offline and the machine is scanned on Thursday, the Lastchanged date listed in the report will be Thursday, not Monday. The report lists the software install date as seen in Add/Remove Programs on the client machine as well, but this is not the date the report is filtered on. The 24 hour filter is applied to the Lastchanged field, not the Installdate field.

All of the Hist tables storing historical data include a Lastchanged field and this field always indicates when the change was *scanned* by Lansweeper.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
S_Ada
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks a lot Susan. Now it is crystal clear for me.

Best Regards,
Serhat
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email as well, but our answer may require further clarification. In the situation you're describing, the report *will* include the software change, as the date the report is filtered on (the Lastchanged field of the tblSoftwareHist table) is the date the software change was *detected* by Lansweeper. If a software change occurs on Monday when the machine is offline and the machine is scanned on Thursday, the Lastchanged date listed in the report will be Thursday, not Monday. The report lists the software install date as seen in Add/Remove Programs on the client machine as well, but this is not the date the report is filtered on. The 24 hour filter is applied to the Lastchanged field, not the Installdate field.

All of the Hist tables storing historical data include a Lastchanged field and this field always indicates when the change was *scanned* by Lansweeper.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now