cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waterscorpion
Engaged Sweeper
I've been tasked with exporting software lists for all of our servers, on a bi-annual basis, for disaster recovery purposes. I'm not sure if this would be a report or something else, but I'm looking for a way to get this information for each of our servers in a batch process. Is there any way that someone can think of that will easily get me this info without going through and manually exporting software lists for 150 servers?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do the following:
• Hit the edit button next to the built-in "Software: List of software by computer" report under Reports/View All Reports.
• Hit the Save As button and save the report under a different name.
• Double-click on tblComputersystem in the table list on the right to add the table to your report.
• In the visual representation of the report in the upper section of the report builder, tick the Domainrole field in tblComputersystem to add it to your report.
• Add the below criterion to the Criteria column for the tblComputersystem.Domainrole expression. TblComputersystem data is pulled from the Win32_ComputerSystem WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) class. The following Microsoft knowledge base article explains what each Domainrole value means: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394102%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
> 1

If you're interested in building custom reports, we would recommend reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder uses standard SQL queries. If you know how to build SQL queries, then you'll know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. There are several good SQL tutorials available online, e.g.: http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do the following:
• Hit the edit button next to the built-in "Software: List of software by computer" report under Reports/View All Reports.
• Hit the Save As button and save the report under a different name.
• Double-click on tblComputersystem in the table list on the right to add the table to your report.
• In the visual representation of the report in the upper section of the report builder, tick the Domainrole field in tblComputersystem to add it to your report.
• Add the below criterion to the Criteria column for the tblComputersystem.Domainrole expression. TblComputersystem data is pulled from the Win32_ComputerSystem WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) class. The following Microsoft knowledge base article explains what each Domainrole value means: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394102%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
> 1

If you're interested in building custom reports, we would recommend reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder uses standard SQL queries. If you know how to build SQL queries, then you'll know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. There are several good SQL tutorials available online, e.g.: http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp
dawnlowery
Engaged Sweeper
I am looking for something similar. Has anyone created anything like this?
Waterscorpion
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks, Sukaitsu. This may come in handy for other purposes, but what I'm looking for is a breakdown of software per server, instead of one giant list.
sukaitsu
Champion Sweeper
This is a report I made that will give you a list of all software installed on assets that would only be classified as a Server.

Software: All installed software (Server)

Select Top 1000000 tblSoftwareUni.softwareName As Software,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion As Version,
tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher As Publisher,
Count(tblSoftware.AssetID) As Total
From tblSoftware
Inner Join tblAssets On tblSoftware.AssetID = tblAssets.AssetID
Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftware.softID = tblSoftwareUni.SoftID
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tblComputersystem On tblAssets.AssetID = tblComputersystem.AssetID
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1 And tblComputersystem.Domainrole > 1
Group By tblSoftwareUni.softwareName,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion,
tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher
Order By Total Desc

Thank you,

Jeffrey Smith
Senior Systems Technician
GEICO
Thank you, Jeffrey Smith Enterprise Applications Security (319) 499-6310 JefSmith@geico.com