cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mobando
Engaged Sweeper
We are having issues scanning multiple domains.

We have all the correct information in the Active Scanning tab. The issues present in the Domain Credentials.

We have created the same user name in all 4 domains, with the same rights in all 4 domains. We are able to access all the domains successfully.

Under the Alternate Domain Credentials screen, I enter the Domain, and then the User and Password, I get the error: “Cannot verify logon, wrong username or password.”

My error logs show different errors for different domains.

One domain error is: “The Server is not operational.” The other is “Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.”

We are running LanSweeper Premium v 3.5.2.16 (per the configuration utility), and the properties of the lansweeperservice.exe shows 3.5.2.4.

Thank you,
5 REPLIES 5
mobando
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you for your help. It was a DNS issue. Resolved by adding other domains DNS suffixes.
mobando
Engaged Sweeper
i have been able to get more domains to show up. I am still getting “The Server is not operational" on one domain.

This is a Server 2008 DC. Would this be an issue?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
mobando wrote:
i have been able to get more domains to show up. I am still getting “The Server is not operational" on one domain.
This is a Server 2008 DC. Would this be an issue?

No.

Are you able to ping/connect to AD from the scanning server to this domain.
A possible cause could be that the DNS resolution to the domain doesn't work. (see : http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/untrusted.aspx)
mobando
Engaged Sweeper
I will work on screen shots.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post any screenshots of the configuration please.

If you get "Cannot verify logon, wrong username or password", there is a checkbox you can check "don't try to authenticate username/password"