Archive

This board contains archived posts from the retired Lansweeper Forum and Insiders Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Windows 7 does not automatically scan on startup

I am in the process of changing from Windows XP 32 and 64 bit to Windows 7 64 bit. Every system I have changed over to Windows 7 will no longer automatically scan/inventory. They will only scan if I am in the web interface and force the scan to run. ...

Perkins by Engaged Sweeper
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lansweeper and Help Desk System

Hi all,we are wanting to link Our help desk system to lansweeper..The Helpdesk system is an online system where users report problems. As part of the reporting it captures the users ServiceTag of the PC.. We want to put a link on the page, that will ...

Direct Link to pc name

I was wondering what is the proper syntax to link directly to a record using just the pc name if there is one.~default.aspx?item=compdetail&title=PCNAMEBest regards,Brandon

bkeep by Engaged Sweeper
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

File inventory

So Lansweeper does a great hardware and software inventory, is there also an easy way to do some sort of file inventory? For example we would like to do an inventory of all our word and PDF files on a network drive, would that be possible?Thanks

pentel by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

docking station

in our company we have many dockinstations. unfortionatly most of them are not scanned. the weird thing how ever is that monitors attached to that docking station are scanned.any reason why this is happening?

jantjeb by Engaged Sweeper
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Scanning - "blacklisting" OUs instead of "whitelisting"

In the "Active Scanning" section of the configuration, there is a place where you can enter OU's (Only scan these Active Directory paths). Is there a reverse feature for this? In other words, what if I want to scan all of A/D EXCEPT for certain OUs?

MikeInLa by Champion Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changed machine name, now Lansweeper server service won't start

I am having a little problem. The Lansweeper service won't start. I try to manually start it in the services.msc but get the following message:Could not start the Lansweeper Server service on Local ComputerError 1067: The process terminated unexpecte...

MikeInLa by Champion Sweeper
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD - pictures

Greetings!Is it possible that lansweeper would "Read" the pictures of users directly from Active Directory?With best regards,

bostjanc by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos