Archive

This board contains archived posts from the retired Lansweeper Forum and Insiders Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

LanSweeper Service keeps stopping

I have not found any other articles, but then again I have only been a user for about 2 weeks... but the service keeps stalling on the server, sometimes it does not start at all until i do a reboot. Any suggestion would be helpful. I have also set t...

bhugsy by Engaged Sweeper
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scanning for Files with no version info.

The Scanned File option allows you to scan for the presense of files in \Program Files and \Windows.This only seems to return results if the file being scanned has version information inside it, such as an exe file. This is perhaps not surprising sin...

Srnet by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving database from 3.0 to 3.1

Here is what happened:I was running Lansweeper 3.0 on a server that had to be reformated so I backed up the Lansweeper database.Once the server had been reinstalled, I installed Lansweeper 3.1 and tried to restore the database I had just backed up.Un...

SSTechIII by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

clientless scanning?

Two things I can't figure out from the documentation:1. How can I start a scan manually?2. Can I do a scan without the client installed?

jasonb by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Web Interface getting error.

Line: 1742Char: 12Error: Sys.ArgumentTypeException: Object of type 'Object' cannot be converted to type "array' Parameter name: arrayCode: 0URL: Http://myserver/lansweeper31/default.aspxalso getting the following error on action s...

Steve by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Workstations Scanned

All of my servers are scanned. None of my workstations. ALL workstations are red. What's the difference?

damelahn by Engaged Sweeper
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Entries disappear from Software license compliance tab...

It seems over the past week or two I've lost some of the software that I'm trying to keep track of on this tab. I've got 9 entries in the DB for software that I want to keep track of, which worked at first, but now 4 of them disappeared from that ta...

jwiginton by Engaged Sweeper
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Domain admin rights question

What is the reasoning behind having a master service account with domain admin rights? Could a file exclude entry be added into the GPO for services/registry with elevated rights to accomplish the same thing? My AD Admin want's to try and find an a...

NickLien by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos