cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
networktec
Engaged Sweeper
after i downloaded the new beta, do i need still need the lansweeper database component, or is the beta inclusive?

and

After install, i only see lansweeper documentation and the web console in the programs folder. Am i miasing something? installed on my laptop to test our servers have the actual complete lansweeper package. So i did not mix them, and i only have the web console. no config console like the previous version.

and how do you delete computers already scanned? need to reset back to nothing and rescan, dont see how you delete computers that were detected 😞

thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
networktec wrote:
after i downloaded the new beta, do i need still need the lansweeper database component, or is the beta inclusive?

Could you clarify what you mean by this. Your Lansweeper installation must include a database. Without a database, there is nowhere to store your scanned data and settings.

networktec wrote:
After install, i only see lansweeper documentation and the web console in the programs folder.

Do you mean in your Start menu? This is expected behavior. There is no separate configuration tool in Lansweeper 5.0.

networktec wrote:
So i did not mix them, and i only have the web console. no config console like the previous version.

All configuration console items have been moved to the web console in Lansweeper 5.0. They can be found in the Configuration section of the web console.

networktec wrote:
and how do you delete computers already scanned? need to reset back to nothing and rescan, dont see how you delete computers that were detected 😞

To delete an asset, hit the Edit Asset button on its Lansweeper webpage and then hit Delete Asset.
Lansweeper wrote:
networktec wrote:

Could you clarify what you mean by this. Your Lansweeper installation must include a database. Without a database, there is nowhere to store your scanned data and settings.

SQL2005 preinstalled. so thats why it did not install on my laptop.

networktec wrote:
After install, i only see lansweeper documentation and the web console in the programs folder.

Do you mean in your Start menu? This is expected behavior. There is no separate configuration tool in Lansweeper 5.0.

ok, thanks

networktec wrote:
So i did not mix them, and i only have the web console. no config console like the previous version.

All configuration console items have been moved to the web console in Lansweeper 5.0. They can be found in the Configuration section of the web console.

ok, thanks

networktec wrote:

To delete an asset, hit the Edit Asset button on its Lansweeper webpage and then hit Delete Asset.

ok, thanks i can go to main web page, select assets at top of page in between dashboard and config, select the specific asset, select edit asset, then select delete and it will delete that asset. Perhapos you could add a DELETE ALL ASSETS BUTTON that will clear all ASSETS? This would be ood from site to site when you only want to see certain assets in your console after you exported the data?

and another thought would be a report specific to Visio imports? I will forward my report i made that has the default row names Visio requires to fill in the data for visio "network" objects.

And perhaps some instructions on scanning non windows devices such as netgear NAS, sitches, routers and MAC products? this would be useful in the typical small office scenario.

thanks for responding! ANd answering all my questions.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
networktec wrote:
Perhapos you could add a DELETE ALL ASSETS BUTTON that will clear all ASSETS?

Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and include a link to this forum thread in your email. We will provide you with a database script to delete your assets.

networktec wrote:
and another thought would be a report specific to Visio imports? I will forward my report i made that has the default row names Visio requires to fill in the data for visio "network" objects.

If you have a report request, please forward it to support@lansweeper.com and tell us which fields you would like to include. We will provide you with the report.

networktec wrote:
And perhaps some instructions on scanning non windows devices such as netgear NAS, sitches, routers and MAC products? this would be useful in the typical small office scenario.

These are all scanned through IP Range Scanning. Your IP Range Scanning settings can be found in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration\Scanning Methods and then IP Address Range Scanning. Do the following:
- Create one or more scanning credentials in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration\Scanning Credentials.
- Submit your IP ranges for IP Range Scanning.
- Hit the green (+) button in the Credentials column of an IP range to map credentials to your range.

Our 5.0 documentation is not finished yet, but page 26 and beyond of our 4.2 documentation provide more info on IP Range Scanning.