cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hi All,

Here is where you can find the planning for the current soft launch onboarding. Please note that this is subject to change if we do Identify issues along the way, but I will keep this up-to-date.

You should have received an email with either a link to sign-up for onboarding or with a specific wave number to indicate what wave you are in.

Wave Start Period Status
1 Mid November Finished
2 Early December Finished
3 Mid December Finished
4 Early January Finished
5 Mid January Finished
6 Late January Finished
7 February Finished
8 February Finished
11 REPLIES 11
hendrikve
Engaged Sweeper II

Thanks Esben.
And yes, I want a new UI , but one were I can run all my custom reports in (and I have many of them…).
Atm, I don’t have a real ‘waw’ feeling with the ADP, even the simplest report like eg. an audit trail of my ADP users, I can’t manage to create.
For me personally, the biggest key feature of LS (apart from the price) is not ‘discovery’ (many ITAM tools can do that, some even much better), but the flexibility in reporting. An open, documented MS SQL DB makes it possible to present everything you want and ever need. And correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think that is easily feasible with GraphQL?

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

SQL does indeed give you more options. But we will be overhauling the ADP report builder in the future to provide much more functionality and also make it easier to use. We’re aware that at the moment it is limited and not as easy to use as we would like it to be.

In the end the goal is to allow anyone to create even a more advanced report with joins without actually having to know any code. This should cover most of the use cases and we can then work on the steps to fill remaining gaps in functionality.

hendrikve
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi Esben, what’s the current status of the ADP launch? It feels a bit like a vaccination campaign right now
When will it officially go live? Will there be an additional license cost? Will all reports be migrated? Will the on-premise GUI finally get a revamp? …

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

That can be a compliment or not depending on which country’s vax campaign you’re talking about

Anyway, I don’t have an “official” date for it going live. The next big step is getting bi-directional data sync released, which will allow you to start changing things in ADP which will then be synced back to on-prem. This also means you can trigger scanning etc from ADP.

If anyone wants to join, the quickest way is to contact your Lansweeper account manager or sales and ask.

There is no fixed licensing for ADP at this time. However, if you’re at the current $1/asset default licensing, then you will be able to get access. If this is not the case, you can contact sales to see who will review each account on a case-by-case basis.

Custom reports from on-prem migration is very difficult since going from SQL to GraphQL in many cases is nearly impossible. We have looked at it, and we will continue to look at it, but it is not something short-term.

There are currently no plans to overhaul the on-premise UI. If you really want a new UI, you can use ADP

jstrength
Engaged Sweeper II

Does this mean that our on prem should be syncing to the cloud instance again? Thanks.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Most people who participated in the beta phase were given access, unless specific license requirements were not met.

Looking at your contract, it does have access, so you can sync again. You should have been notified via email as well.

jstrength
Engaged Sweeper II

@EsbenD, Thanks. I saw the email. My system is showing a continual state of ‘unlinking’. I will do some troubleshooting.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Most likely this is an issue with the unlinking process. Since we switched to production, your best option is to try to fully unlink your installation from the site. Delete the site as well and start completely fresh.

If you do have issues getting that sorted, you can contact the support team and they will help you further. There have been a few reported issues with the automatic unlinking that we performed when the soft launch started.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Now that the soft launch waves have been concluded. We will be migrating to a more continuous onboarding process.

If you are still waiting to use ADP, please fill in this form or contact your account executive/ sales@lansweeper.com