cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjohnson
Engaged Sweeper
I am now running 4.1 beta, hoping that it would address some issues I've been having with Lansweeper since the very beginning. It is running on 2008 R2 Server with SQL 2008 R2, with all Windows updates and suggested hotfixes around the forums here. It is also running Symantec Endpoint Protection latest version. This is a virtual server running on VMware ESX 4, with 4GB RAM allocated, 2 CPUs, and as much CPU as ESX is able to give it.

The problem is that almost every morning between 1am and 8am the server reboots. In the event viewer, there are hundreds and hundreds of DCOM errors (I guess from trying to contact machines that don't exist?) and then a fatal RPC crash which initiates the server reboot.

The other issue is that the Lansweeper service is constantly using 90-100% CPU and this has an impact on the VMware farm. Currently this Lansweeper server is consuming about 5GHz of CPU, most of that used by the Lansweeper service.

This happens in the latest 4.1 beta too. Lansweeper is the server's primary function but it does have some other apps running on it - specifically EMCO Remote Shutdown and ESET Remote Administrator Server.

I am a premium customer - help!
12 REPLIES 12
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Hi, any update on this?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please confirm if the latest beta (19/01) fixes the problem.
Lansweeper wrote:
Please confirm if the latest beta (19/01) fixes the problem.

Installing now, I will provide feedback ASAP.
Leviton1
Engaged Sweeper
Same issue here with same setup. After installing 4.1 beta System has gone 5 day without RPC crash, prior to update it was every few hours.I would be willing to test beta service if available.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please test the CPU issues with the latest beta
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact us by e-mail for a test service.
sjohnson
Engaged Sweeper
All boxes under "Don't ping" and "No Windows" are unchecked. I have some computers that are not in Active Directory (thin clients) so that is why I don't use the "No Windows" option.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When you scan the ranges do you use the "don't ping" setting.
I'll create a test version to have this thread run in a lower priority
sjohnson
Engaged Sweeper
It is caused by LansweeperService.exe. I just disabled all scheduled IP scanning and set the IP scanning threads to 0, restarted the service, and now the CPU use is great. Unfortunately I do have a very large range of IP addresses that need to be scanned, so disabling this is not really a long-term solution for me...