cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
admin1
Engaged Sweeper
I'm looking to move our 4gb sql 2008 express database off the Lansweeper server to a full blown SQL server. I know I saw steps for moving the whole install to another server, I just want to move the database and leave everything else in tacked. Could you please provide some step by step instructions.
2 REPLIES 2
admin1
Engaged Sweeper
Perfect thanks
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you are just looking to move the Lansweeper database, the steps are the following:
- Stop your Lansweeper service.
- Take a full backup of your lansweeperdb database using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Run the Lansweeper installer on your new database server. Choose New Installation\Advanced Install and select only the database for installation.
- Do a restore of the database backup and overwrite the lansweeperdb database on the new server.
- Execute the below script in SQL Server Management Studio. This will ensure that the SQL user for your Lansweeper database is configured correctly.
use lansweeperdb
GO
drop schema lansweeperuser
GO
drop user lansweeperuser
go
execute sp_droplogin lansweeperuser
go
use master
GO
EXEC sp_addlogin 'lansweeperuser', 'mysecretpassword0*', 'lansweeperdb', [English]
GO
use lansweeperdb
go
EXEC sp_grantdbaccess 'lansweeperuser', 'lansweeperuser'
GO
EXEC sp_addrolemember [db_owner], 'lansweeperuser'
Go

- In the Lansweeper configuration files on your scanning and web server make sure that the Data Source, User ID and Password correspond with your SQL Server settings. The config files are:
%Program Files%\Lansweeper\Service\Lansweeperservice.exe.config
%Program Files%\Lansweeper\Website\web.config

- Restart your Lansweeper service.