cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pollak
Engaged Sweeper III
I can telnet from the server that LS 4.0.0.11 is installed on, but mail is never sent from LS. I have three Windows Tasks scheduled on this server and they can send e-mails with out issue. Am I missing somehing in gettting LS to send e-mail?

Please advise,
Niles
8 REPLIES 8
Pollak
Engaged Sweeper III
Ah, got it. Okay is there a way to mass add the Mailgroup? This is going to take forever.

Thanks,
Niles
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Pollak wrote:
Ah, got it. Okay is there a way to mass add the Mailgroup? This is going to take forever.

What do you mean by mass add?
Ed_Thibert
Engaged Sweeper
Mine works now. I needed to configure the from address.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to setup the following:

For daily reports:
enable report mailing on this server.
fill in the report schedule times+checkbox
fill in the correct smtp server and addresses.
Create a new mail group.
Check the needed reports and choose the correct mailgroup for each report.

For eventlog alerts
enable eventlog alert mailing on this server.
fill in the correct smtp server and addresses.
Create a new mail group.
Create an eventlog alert, enable it and select the correct mailgroup.

If it doesn't work check your errorlog.txt file for errors.
joegasper
Engaged Sweeper
It took me a while to find a combination of email server, from address, and to address before I could get an email delivered. Mostly issues with the SMTP servers I have to choose from and their anti-spam configurations (from/to address the same, graylisting, relaying, etc.). There could be the requirement of authenticated connections to your email server for sending through, but that's not a current option.
Ed_Thibert
Engaged Sweeper
I can't send email either.
Pollak
Engaged Sweeper III
I already have the e-mails option that you speak of set. I take it that the Group name under Reports & Alerts> Mail alerts> Mail groups can be anything?

Thanks,
Niles
pentel
Engaged Sweeper III
In Scanning Setup --> Scanning Servers --> Options did you tick the checkbox that says "Enable report mailing on this server"? It's a bit hidden from the rest of the email setup, I remember I was scratching my head while looking for this...

Also be sure to configure some mailing groups/list on Reports --> Mail alerts --> Mail groups

that should be about it