cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MahleTech
Engaged Sweeper
Which scan technique is considered the best . The reason I don't know if there is a limit on the number of files you can scan at once or number of Registry entries you can scan before it shuts the system down to a crawl when trying to run a report with the File Scan entry using the tblFileVersion.

I thought if Registry Scanning is better, then I would try that, as file scanning when I try to run the report in report builder, the system hangs for several minutes.

I'm needing a report that as far as I can tell only tblFileVersion has the options.
I'm needing the file size, executable name, and program path.. Is there any other table that has this info in it beside the table for the file scanning.
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
MahleTech wrote:
I thought if Registry Scanning is better, then I would try that, as file scanning when I try to run the report in report builder, the system hangs for several minutes.

Could you clarify how many custom file scans you've submitted and also provide us with the SQL code for the report you are trying to run.

MahleTech wrote:
I'm needing the file size, executable name, and program path.. Is there any other table that has this info in it beside the table for the file scanning.

No, the only way to retrieve this kind of information is through custom file scanning and tblFileVersions.