cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DIDE
Engaged Sweeper
Hi!

I have a running Lansweeper config on a server, but now we have to migrate to a virtual server. How can I migrate (settings, ...) your software "the-easy-way" to a new nstalled Windows 2008 R2 virtual server?

Thank you for your answer.
4 REPLIES 4
plinacrolan
Engaged Sweeper
Thank You for help,
after upgrade everything running OK.
plinacrolan
Engaged Sweeper
I try to move lansweeper to a new server.
1. I stoped the lansweeper service on the old server.
2. I take a full backup of lansweeperdb base
3. I do a full installation of Lansweeper (4.2.0.63)on the new server and stop the service.
4. I successfully restored a lansweeperdb base on new server.
5. I execute a both script, first in SQL Server Managment Studio,and second in Lansweeper configuration console and rename the "newserver" with name on my new server.
6. I started Lansweeper service on the new serwer

Now, when I start the Lansweeper configuration console i have a massage
"Invalid column name EVwarning", and in "Scanning servers" column
is "No data to display"

any help
plinacrolan wrote:
I try to move lansweeper to a new server.
1. I stoped the lansweeper service on the old server.
2. I take a full backup of lansweeperdb base
3. I do a full installation of Lansweeper (4.2.0.63)on the new server and stop the service.
4. I successfully restored a lansweeperdb base on new server.
5. I execute a both script, first in SQL Server Managment Studio,and second in Lansweeper configuration console and rename the "newserver" with name on my new server.
6. I started Lansweeper service on the new serwer

Now, when I start the Lansweeper configuration console i have a massage
"Invalid column name EVwarning", and in "Scanning servers" column
is "No data to display"

any help

Could you run our latest installer on your server again and see if the option "Upgrade (recommended)" is highlighted and available.

If the "Upgrade (recommended)" option is selected, perform the available upgrade as explained on page 103 and beyond of our online documentation.

If no upgrade is available, close the installer. (Do not select "New Installation".) Contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with the following:
- Your Install.log, found in Program Files\Lansweeper.
- Screenshot of the "Service Status" box in the bottom right corner of your web console landing page. You can access your landing page by clicking on the Lansweeper logo in the top left corner of the web console.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please refer to page 102 of our online documentation for instructions on moving your Lansweeper installation.