cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chengyang
Engaged Sweeper

I try to migrate the lansweeper on windows 2012R2 to windows 2019
I refer the information as below website

https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/lansweeper-maintenance/move-your-lansweeper-installation-to-a-di...

the lansweeper the can work after restore the database.

But after I restart the database service or restart the windows. the lansweeper have problem. I try to action many times. When I login the lansweeper, the web page show update in progress. and then the  web show 2 situation  as below 2 pictures. I attach the log that output by "GatherLogs.exe"
Screenshot 2024-08-27 164153.pngScreenshot 2024-08-26 150741.png

4 REPLIES 4
nancy9
Engaged Sweeper

When migrating a database to a different server, data loss can occur due to incomplete transfers, compatibility issues, or configuration errors. buy cox internet   To prevent this, ensure thorough backups before migration and validate data integrity post-transfer. Use reliable migration tools, follow best practices, and test the migration process in a staging environment to safeguard against potential data loss.

FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello, 

Looking at the screenshot and your logs, it seems that your website version is 11.2.2.0, while the scanning service is on 11.4. 
We think the backup and restore steps mentioned in the article are not correctly followed. Could you please review it?
If any doubt, you can contact Lansweeper Support.

sorry I may not provide exactly reference.

originally,my lansweeper version is 11.2.2

I install the same version at the new server windows 2019. the server is used for WSUS.

show error situation. and I try to upgrade the lansweeper at original server. and then install lansweeper 11.4
the situation the same

I restore the database refer the web link as below
https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/lansweeper-maintenance/restore-your-installation-from-a-backup/t...

I try to install a brand new windows 2019.

And migrate the lansweeper to the new system. the problem does not happen.

how do I do find the problem?

Perhaps, there are some factors the effect the the action of restore database. 

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now