cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdavid
Champion Sweeper
I am using lansweeper to alert for disk errors and ntfs errors. however it sends about 100 duplicate emails (only different time stamp) each time the event hits the eventlog. is there some way to filter the same alerts within each polling period? -- feature request

also is there any way to alert on items other than errors. i only see eventlog errors in the list.

thanks.

GD
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
gdavid wrote:
I am using lansweeper to alert for disk errors and ntfs errors. however it sends about 100 duplicate emails (only different time stamp) each time the event hits the eventlog. is there some way to filter the same alerts within each polling period? -- feature request

With eventlog mailing it is not currently possible to specify that an email should only be sent for the first occurrence of an event within a certain time period. Currently, emails are sent for each occurrence of the event you submit. Note that you can use several filters to further specify the particular event you want to track. For an overview of available filters, please refer to page 93 of our online documentation.
What you can do is create a report for the events you want to track and have that report mailed to you on a daily basis, through report mailing. The report will only be mailed when it has results. You can write the report in such a way that each unique event is only mentioned once per computer.

gdavid wrote:
also is there any way to alert on items other than errors. i only see eventlog errors in the list.

You can enable scanning of additional event types through your configuration console, under Scanning Servers\Your Server\Options\Eventlog Scanning.