cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EversanaDave
Engaged Sweeper

Hello - 

I am a System Engineer and our company uses Lansweeper.  I am trying to get support on how to migrate our SQL back end database to a new node.  We found the documentation on how to move SQL to a new server but I cannot find any documentation on how to connect the Lansweeper front end application server to the new back end SQL server.  

I tried to open a support ticket but any time I try to open a new case the new case box does not open and I get dumped to open a ticket that goes to sales.  Sales sends me the link on how to create an account for support, which I already did.  

Any idea how to get support?  Figure out what kind of support contract we have? My initial impression with Lansweeper support so far is not very good.  And if I have to badger a sales person to get tech support I will not be very happy.   Thanks! -Dave

1 REPLY 1
DavidPK
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi,

You can send an email to support@Lansweeper.com

The main points to reconnect the database to the scanning server and webconsole are in steps 7 thru 11. You will need to reset the password as restoring a backup corrupt the password of the lansweeperuser. They afterwards you will need to open the config editor and apply the password to the service and webconsle tabs. https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/lansweeper-maintenance/move-your-sql-server-database-to-a-differ...