→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itkai
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to locate the place in the web interface that identifies the version of IE. On the system. It's not listed under the IE tab, the OS tab or the software tab.

Thanks for your help.
5 REPLIES 5
itkai
Engaged Sweeper
So I just updated to version 5.0.0.69 and I’m not seeing the pre-configured file scan in there. Not that that is really the point…

I can understand why you wouldn’t want to modify the software list. I guess the point is that you have an IE tab, but you don’t report the IE version on the tab where it would make sense to do so.

I know it’s completely subjective because for the nearly three years I’ve used this product I’ve never gone looking for this information – I normally just use it to find out who’s logging in to what system, but it seems like this would be a no-brainer rather than have to configure a custom File or Registry scanner for it.

GaryO
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
itkai wrote:
I guess the point is that you have an IE tab, but you don’t report the IE version on the tab where it would make sense to do so.

We'll see if this behavior can be changed in a future update.

If you upgraded your installation to 5.0, instructions for setting up the IE file scan can be found here. New installations have the file scan and report built-in.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper software scanning recreates Add/Remove Programs (Programs & Features) on the client machine. Internet Explorer is not always listed here, in which case it must be detected through custom file scanning: http://lansweeper.com/kb/19/report-based-on-file-information.html

Newer versions of Lansweeper have this file scan configured by default and also have a built-in report "Files: Internet explorer version", found under Dashboard/Reports/All Reports.
itkai
Engaged Sweeper
I really don't think it's too much to ask to have this reported on the computer dashboard instead of in an arbitrary location that no one on my staff will find it. SpiceWorks reports it in the software list, it would make sense if this product reported it on the IE page, because there is an IE page... just saying.

GaryO
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
Through version 8 (XP's top-out) it should be under the asset's software section. For versions 9 and 10, Microsoft has made it more challenging to dig this information out. See here and here for info on reporting on it.