cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ServiceDeskAPS
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could give me the step by step process of locking down the web interface so that it requires a username and password. I would like to lock the system down so that only certain users can sign onto the web interface. I have read other topics in the forum but none seem to work the way I would anticipate.

Thanks for the assistance.
12 REPLIES 12
bocsg
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks, will try it later. btw, I have enable the active scanning about a couple of hours ago, until now, I have onlcy collected 15 workgroup and 9 domain out of our nearly 400 PCs, Is this normal ? Is there a way to configure the active scanning frequency ?

Thanks and Regards,
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bocsg wrote:
Thanks, will try it later. btw, I have enable the active scanning about a couple of hours ago, until now, I have onlcy collected 15 workgroup and 9 domain out of our nearly 400 PCs, Is this normal ? Is there a way to configure the active scanning frequency ?

Thanks and Regards,

I suggest restarting the service, then it will look back 14 days into active directory.
If you enable active scanning while running it only looks back 15 minutes.
bocsg
Engaged Sweeper
Do you mean I change the server firewall setting to allow only certain ip to come in ? Please advice.

Merry Chrismas !
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bocsg wrote:
Do you mean I change the server firewall setting to allow only certain ip to come in ? Please advice.

Yes.
bocsg
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
I am a new user for lansweeper, I would like to restrict access to the web console,but I am using the build-in webserver, is there an alternate way to do this. I am thinking of changing the default port ?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bocsg wrote:
Hi,
I am a new user for lansweeper, I would like to restrict access to the web console,but I am using the build-in webserver, is there an alternate way to do this. I am thinking of changing the default port ?

You can firewall the port used by the webserver.
POBMIS
Engaged Sweeper
I was able to lock down the web site using the SOP http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/restrict.aspx. However, I could not get it to use the user group and had to add in individual users. OK for now but would rather use group membership.

Anybody else run into this? Got a fix by chance?

- Tom
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
POBMIS wrote:
I was able to lock down the web site using the SOP http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/restrict.aspx. However, I could not get it to use the user group and had to add in individual users. OK for now but would rather use group membership.

Anybody else run into this? Got a fix by chance?

- Tom

Can you post how you added the groups?
Not that you must specify the netbios name of the domain "netbiosdomain\user group"
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The web.config file is in ...\lansweeper\website folder.
Most likely %programfiles%\lansweeper\website