cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ServiceDeskAPS
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could give me the step by step process of locking down the web interface so that it requires a username and password. I would like to lock the system down so that only certain users can sign onto the web interface. I have read other topics in the forum but none seem to work the way I would anticipate.

Thanks for the assistance.
12 REPLIES 12
Support-bb
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to follow that step by step process...but I am only able to locate my web.config file from within IIS. From here, I am not able to edit it or pull it up in Notepad.

Happen to be a step that I am missing so that I can edit the web.config of the Lansweeper site?
Support-bb wrote:
I am trying to follow that step by step process...but I am only able to locate my web.config file from within IIS. From here, I am not able to edit it or pull it up in Notepad.

Happen to be a step that I am missing so that I can edit the web.config of the Lansweeper site?

If you're running your Lansweeper server on Win2008/Win2008 R2 you probably have to start notepad as an administrator (even if you log in with an adminuser).

Locate Notepad in your start menu, right click and choose "Run as administrator".

Choose File, Open and change from Text documents to All files as document type, then locate the config file.

Cheers...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
See this page: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/restrict.aspx