cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
The title just about says it all, we have the devices on the same subnet that use different credentials. Right now the workaround is to specify different starting ip's (like 10.10.31.0 VS 10.10.31.1) to still get everything authenticated. The downside to this is that it scans every subnet with multiple credentials at least twice.
10 REPLIES 10
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The fix is implemented in the latest beta (2 March)
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
So for the issues with *nix and Macinstosh computers, I hate leaving "Ignore Windows" unchecked in ip scanning as it adds a few thousand IP's that have to be scanned. If I don't I cannot find most of our macintosh computers because they are members of AD. Could you make it so that Macintosh and Linux machines to not get added to the Computers section even if they are in AD? That way I can leave the ignore windows checked and it will still scan mac+linux

*update*
I can find them in the Computers section but they generate errors in the logs sicne they don't have rpc or wmi.
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
Correct some network devices have a blank username and use only a password. This used to be standard practice on switches and routers.
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
Basically we have a range, say 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.255

We have device in this range(DHCP ip's) that could have the ssh username "admin" or "poweruser" and devices with no user only a password

I trust you to come up with a great solution, you always do.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sseal wrote:
Basically we have a range, say 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.255

We have device in this range(DHCP ip's) that could have the ssh username "admin" or "poweruser" and devices with no user only a password

I trust you to come up with a great solution, you always do.

Do you mean no ssh user and a password?
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
That doesn't help at all unless you have devices with static IP's . We need to be able to specify the same ranges with two sets of credentials. Right now if I try that it fails unless I change the start or end by one digit
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sseal wrote:
That doesn't help at all unless you have devices with static IP's . We need to be able to specify the same ranges with two sets of credentials. Right now if I try that it fails unless I change the start or end by one digit

I guess it would probably help if you could specify multiple default domains for one range. (for windows, SSH, SNMP)
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
Can you change it to allow duplicate entries on the IP scanning table then?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sseal wrote:
Can you change it to allow duplicate entries on the IP scanning table then?

No, but you can specify 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.10 & 192.168.1.11 - 19.168.1.20 both with different credentials.