cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eyalg
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

We have Processors that not recognized correctly.

For example P4 DualCore DUO7300 2.66G-3M ceche 64BIT is recognize as

1 * Intel Pentium III Xeon processor .
7 REPLIES 7
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Which fields do you want on the report? It's easy to create a new report.
cadit
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
Yes I am aware that you can click on each individual computer and view the processor type, or even the name which can tell you (Core2Duo etc...) which is fine, but when I need to provide a quick single page report showing the processor type for 50+ machines I am not going to click on every one to find out.

Is there any other possible way to provide even a new report showing the processor names? rather than number of procesors or speeds.

This is a fairly major flaw in the design of Lansweeper and one which proves it useless to me as an auditing tool. I know there are other programs which can, but I like the design and ease of use of Lansweeper.

Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Click on a computer
Click on configuration
Click on hardware
Click on processors
cadit
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
Thanks for that. I have tried using this hotfix on a Windows 7 and Vista machine (Only machines with Dual Core Processors) but unfortunately does not work.

Where can I get this other report you mention of (configuration/hardware/processors)? and does it display the processor information for all machines?

I am using the latest version 4.0. Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This might help:http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/incorrect-number-processors.aspx
You can also look at configuration/hardware/processors and configuration/windows/system on the computer screen to see the difference between processors/cores
cadit
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
I am finding issues where Lansweeper is detecting Dual Core processors on workstations (XP, Vista, Win 7) as a single processor. I know that this is a true statement, but I have servers (SBS 2003) with the same single Dual Core processor showing as 2.

It is very hard for us to use this as a hardware audit, if you have to click on each machine name to determine the name of the Processor as '1 * Intel Core2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz'

Is there a similar Hotfix that you know of which can be applied to XP, Vista, Win 7 to allow viewing of these processors as Dual Core or even show the 'true' speed of the processor (eg. 2 * 2.13GHz)

Many Thanks in advance.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
See here: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/incorrect-processor-xeon.aspx