cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsbruc3
Engaged Sweeper
Admins,
First off, kudos on 5.0. Secondly, I have a two part question for you about roles.

1. Can you give me/is there a further breakdown of the roles (e.g., What consists of "basic actions vs advanced actions", what documents can/can't be edited, etc.)? It'd definetely save me (and others) some time if you all have it somewhere already. Plan B will be to build a test user and stick them in one group at a time and try to click through everything/document it. Not too hard but time consuming.

2. Is there a way to edit the roles (e.g., Assign the groups of a role the ability to only view/edit widgets seen on a role based tab, etc.)

If not I'd like to recommend this gets looked at for including in a future release.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bsbruc3 wrote:
What consists of "basic actions vs advanced actions", what documents can/can't be edited, etc.

Actions are the administrative tasks listed on asset webpages. There are two categories: basic and advanced. You can edit actions, add actions and change action categories in the Configuration/Website Management/Asset Pages section of the web console.
Documents can be added to assets from their Lansweeper webpages if you've been added to the appropriate role.

bsbruc3 wrote:
2. Is there a way to edit the roles (e.g., Assign the groups of a role the ability to only view/edit widgets seen on a role based tab, etc.)

This is not currently possible. Additional roles will likely be added in Lansweeper 5.1.