cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ifm
Champion Sweeper
I work in a university which have separate domains for students and employees. I primarily work with support too employees, but from time to time I need to do stuff on a student computer.
The problem is that I can not start the lsremote application as a user in the student system, it would need to be the application connecting as another user.
Is there a way to go around this problem or does it need a lot of work from you?

/David
7 REPLIES 7
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Runas.exe is another possibility. You don't necessarily need to use it to run Internet Explorer altogether, but you can incorporate it in the syntax for your custom actions. Please refer to this thread for an example.
pnigit
Engaged Sweeper
I wrote about it in my reply , that i can't configure trusted sites when I run IE as DOMAIN\Administrator , but i have configured it as normal user on the same computer on the same IE . It looks like some security things , but i succesfull add to trusted sites when i run IE using cmd "
runas.exe /netonly /noprofile /user:DOMAIN\Administrator "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" so solution with SHIFT+Right Click doesnt work .

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
No, this is not possible. You cannot specify credentials in Lansweeper to be used for custom actions. Actions are always run in the security context of the user initiating the action.

If you wish to run custom actions in a different security context than of the logged on user, you can hold down Shift, right-click on your web browser's shortcut and choose "Run as different user".
pnigit
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
No, this is not possible. You cannot specify credentials in Lansweeper to be used for custom actions. Actions are always run in the security context of the user initiating the action.

If you wish to run custom actions in a different security context than of the logged on user, you can hold down Shift, right-click on your web browser's shortcut and choose "Run as different user".

Hi , i have similar problems , i tried to run as DOMAIN\Administrator Internet Explorer browser , i can login , but i cant run any actions , because web page is not in "trusted sites" , when i go to tools to add site to safe webpages it cant be done , so this trick doesn't work. Any suggestions ?

i got 2 forest with 2 diffrent domains with trust relations betwen forests , and i dont want to "switch" from one domain admin to second admin account to make some actions on computers from one or second domain.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
pnigit wrote:
Lansweeper wrote:

Hi , i have similar problems , i tried to run as DOMAIN\Administrator Internet Explorer browser , i can login , but i cant run any actions , because web page is not in "trusted sites" , when i go to tools to add site to safe webpages it cant be done , so this trick doesn't work. Any suggestions ?

Have you configured Internet Explorer to allow custom actions? Please refer to this knowledge base article.
ifm
Champion Sweeper
Ok, but If I add another interface (with access to the EDU computers) to the lansweeper server in domain "AD", can I specify to use the account "EDU\admin" for computers on a certain IP range?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Actions are run in the security context of the user initiating the action. There is currently no way around this.