→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dialtone
Engaged Sweeper
I have several hundred video set top boxes on my network that do not have SMTP enabled. These are Amio 130 set top boxes and they all show up as a "network device" with just the ip address. I noticed that telnet is available but where do I store the credentials for the telnet username and password? And will this actually scan the device to gather any info?

If not, I noticed that all of them identify themselves as AMINET when you initiate a telnet session. Can that act as the identifier and I can reference it in the device lookup table? Like and device that says "Aminet" in telnet session I can make a new device item with the rest of the fields filled out.
5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
tblcustdevices
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can use msaccess and an .adp project to directly edit the database.
Lansweeper wrote:
You can use msaccess and an .adp project to directly edit the database.

Which table should I be looking for?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
telnet is only used to check if the port is open, not to gather any data.

Is it possible to enable snmp on these machines?
SNMP is not available in this version of firmware for this device.(from what I've read in other forums.)

Is there any other way to mass edit a large range of IP addresses that show up in my Network Devices? I could put this info in manually but like I said, I have several hundred of them. They are pretty much the only thing showing up as not know what it is.