cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
I just tried to uypgrade to the 5.0 beta. I received a failure message.

When launching I see this:

Webserver Error
http://wi-services:81/default.aspxObject reference not set to an instance of an object.

Details
Stack trace: at LS.WS.MainMaster.Init(Object sender, EventArgs e, DataTable& dsTabs, DataTable& dsdomains, DataTable& dsdevices, DataTable& dsassetgroups, Boolean& browsercheck, Boolean& updatecheck, String& webversion, String& serviceversion) at main.Page_init(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Target: Void Init(System.Object, System.EventArgs, System.Data.DataTable ByRef, System.Data.DataTable ByRef, System.Data.DataTable ByRef, System.Data.DataTable ByRef, Boolean ByRef, Boolean ByRef, System.String ByRef, System.String ByRef)

Please contact support@lansweeper.com for technical assistance about this problem.

Return to Homepage

3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you run into any further issues or have any further questions, preferably contact us at support@lansweeper.com
Email is the first place we check for bug reports.
jmarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks! The service was showing as running, but it really wasn't. So that did work. I noticed it took a long time for the service to stop, and to start. I think the installer automatically trying to shut down the service didn't wait long enough for it to really stop before performing the upgrade. All is well. New beta looks nice!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You may see this error if the database is still being upgraded or if your Lansweeper service has stopped. Could you check the status of your Lansweeper service in Windows services. (We will try to make the error page more descriptive in a future update.)