cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ffA
Engaged Sweeper
I am having some issues running the upgrade to 4.2.0.68

On the selection screen (attached) I cannot select any of the check boxes.

Could yiou pelase advise?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
ffA
Engaged Sweeper
This is resolved. Big thanks to the Lansweeper Team 🙂

It turns out that there was an issue in the registry with regard to the location of the install.

Here are the steps we took to investigate & resolve the issue, please bear in mind that your install may differ from my examples.

During the installation you should look into the %temp% folder. (type “%temp%” in your windows explorer).

The installer creates a temporary folder with a random name which contains the .txt log file. You must do this BEFORE closing the installer or the file will be removed.

This will show you a lot of info including where it thinks the install is located.

close the installer

Search through the registry for the incorrect file path and replace it with the correct information. For me this was changing c:\Lansweeper\Lansweeper to c:\Lansweeper

re try the installer. If this still doesn't work give your system a restart to make sure that the registry changes have been picked up.
ffA
Engaged Sweeper
Information sent.

Thank you
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with the following:
- The Install.log file located on the remote machine under Program Files\Lansweeper.
- Screenshot of what you see when clicking the "Configuration tool" link in the top right corner of the web console for this Lansweeper installation.

For easy reference, also include a link to this forum thread in your email.
ffA
Engaged Sweeper
Sorry I missed that bit out, I am running it all on the one machine and I am trying to install onto that throught a remote session.

The OS is 2008 R2 Standard (x64) SP1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The installer will automatically detect which Lansweeper components are present on the machine and check the ones that need updating.

Your screenshot indicates that only the database is installed on the machine and it does not need updating. If your website and service still require updating, run the installer again on the machine they're installed on.