cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CHughes
Engaged Sweeper
Hello all,

The company that I work for is in the process of implementing Lansweeper as a monitoring and hardware/software inventory service. Being new to Lansweeper, we come bearing questions which I'm sure there are answers to on this forum already, however I was not able to find them through the search. I apologize if these are questions that you have seen and answered before, and if so please direct me towards the answer.

One of the functions that we would like to use Lansweeper for is to monitor individual IPs on a schedule of more than once a day (specifically, up/down every 5 mins). The reasoning behind this is that we have some internally hosted customer sites as well as externally hosted. I do know that the LSPush executable can be scripted, but that is the extent of my knowledge at the moment.

If anyone could provide me with a solution to this situation or point me to an already existing thread with this question I would greatly appreciate it. We look forward to using Lansweeper in the future and hope that it will satisfy all of our needs.

Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
CHughes
Engaged Sweeper
Well if we needed to rescan the machine every five minutes we could arrange that too. Wouldn't it be possible to just schedule LsTrigger?

Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
CHughes wrote:
Well if we needed to rescan the machine every five minutes we could arrange that too. Wouldn't it be possible to just schedule LsTrigger?

Lansweeper cannot reliably determine whether a machine is switched off or not. When a machine is switched off during an attempted scan you get an "RPC server unavailable" error, but you get the same error if the machine is firewalled.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
CHughes wrote:
One of the functions that we would like to use Lansweeper for is to monitor individual IPs on a schedule of more than once a day (specifically, up/down every 5 mins).

You want to scan these machines every 5 minutes? Is this to retrieve user logon info? If not, please clarify what information you're after specifically.
CHughes
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
You want to scan these machines every 5 minutes? Is this to retrieve user logon info? If not, please clarify what information you're after specifically.

We would like to ping these machines every five minutes or some small interval in order to know if they are up or down. (Obviously if a client site goes down we need to know.) It can simply be done as a script obviously but we would like to do it with Lansweeper so that it shows up in the logs etc.

Thank you.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
CHughes wrote:
Lansweeper wrote:

We would like to ping these machines every five minutes or some small interval

This is not currently possible with Lansweeper.
An unsuccessful ping does not necessarily mean that a machine is switched off.