cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harringg
Champion Sweeper
Subject is kind of misleading. I've already successfully configured UtilDev to restrict to a specific security group in AD. And tested this with a normally non-admin user, adding and then removing them from the AD group.

<snip>
<allow roles="domain\allowed group" />
<snip>

Is there now a way to allow certain people read-only access, while preventing them from modifying data in the web interface? Ie. can see a specific Device, but not be able to modify that Device's custom fields. Or once they have access via AD group, is it all or none?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
harringg
Champion Sweeper
It wasn't that I didn't trust the users in that group and thought they might mess things up, but just wondering if that functionality was there and I was overlooking it.

Well v4 in it's current state is an amazing tool, v5 will be even better I'm sure.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
harringg wrote:
Is there now a way to allow certain people read-only access, while preventing them from modifying data in the web interface? Ie. can see a specific Device, but not be able to modify that Device's custom fields. Or once they have access via AD group, is it all or none?

It is not currently possible to restrict what a user can see or do once he has been granted access to the website. A user is either granted access to the website and can see everything, or he is denied access to the website and can see nothing.
Role based access will be included in Lansweeper version 5.0. Lansweeper 5.0 is currently in development, but we do not yet have a release date for it. Any customer with an active subscription is guaranteed access to updates as soon as they become available.