cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sander
Engaged Sweeper
Dear all/support,

I'm having the same problem (Logon failure:unknown UserName or bad Password) as described in: http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst567_Logon-failure-error-during-installation.aspx
Except that I'm using Lansweeper 3.5.

I can install the Lansweeper Database and Lansweeper Website perfectly, and they work, but I can't install the Lansweeper Service, so computers can't connect, thus report, to Lansweeper.

We are using Windows 2000 Server with SP4 installed.
Lansweeper 3.5
Valid domain admin accounts, including correct passwords.

I have tested some stuff, and this is what I've discovered so far.
This server is not a DC itself, it's just a server (In this case a MS WSUS server) which is a member of our domain.
When I try to install Lansweeper on a server which has a DC role (Also a W2k Server machine), I can install the service, with the same credentials. This time I skip the DB and website, since they are running at the other server.

I've tried 2 non-DC servers, and both failed with the same error.
For the time being I can continue running Lansweeper this way, but I'd like to have them on 1 machine.
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Only the service needs to be installed on windows 2003.
Sander
Engaged Sweeper
Didn't work either, and I probably know the cause of it.

The website requires Windows 2000, the database can run on Windows 2000, and the service needs Windows 2003.
However, it doesn't make sense (To me at least) that 1 server can install the service (But then I'm experiencing other problems with .NET, maybe due the system requirements) and the other server can't even install it.

So I guess I can't use Lansweeper in a Windows 2000 Server environment.
slimbyte
Engaged Sweeper
Try installing Lansweeper service using a local admin account, let say administrator (using Server_Name\administrator at User Name field). You should get Lansweeper service installed.

Then go to Services, find Lansweeper Server service, go to Properties at LogOn tab, change the logon account to use a domain admin account to have lansweeper service running with domain admin credentials!

slimbyte