cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgarrard
Engaged Sweeper
I recieve the following error when I try to run the lsclient from any computer. Lsclient fails. /service is running, no errors in errorlog.txt.

Length specified in network packet payload did not match number of bytes read; the connection has been closed. Please contact the vendor of the client library
13 REPLIES 13
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Question: Once there is an error e.g. the RPC error recorded for a PC does that prohibit any future scans?

Future scans will clear all the previous errors first

Is the correct string for the trigger button: "javascript:runApp(kstrugger,exe myserver 'full computername',True"?

The lstrigger tool is only availabe to the premium users.

I also noticed that I get "Error on Page when I hit any of the action buttons on my Lansweeper web page for any computer that is listed.

Check the documentation (or search the forum), you need to change you internet explorer security settings to make this work
pgarrard
Engaged Sweeper
I also noticed that I get "Error on Page when I hit any of the action buttons on my Lansweeper web page for any computer that is listed.
pgarrard
Engaged Sweeper
OOPs I spoke too soon. I have been unable to get Lansweeper to collect any data from any PC. I have checked to ensure that Windows Firewall is turned off on both the server and the PC in question. I found the (netsh) fix and tried it and was then able to use testconnection to successfully test the connection to that machine. however I tried using Trigger scan now to get an update from it and I still don't get any information.
Question: Once there is an error e.g. the RPC error recorded for a PC does that prohibit any future scans?
How can one clear the error? There is only the first error, and no indication of any error after that one time.
Is the correct string for the trigger button: "javascript:runApp(kstrugger,exe myserver 'full computername',True"?
That "myserver" just seems out of place.
pgarrard
Engaged Sweeper
Just found out that the client will connect form elswhere but not from the server. Thanks for the help. I really just want to get info from all the PCs, I know about the servers.
pgarrard
Engaged Sweeper
OK, Where do I go from here to find out why the client will not connect?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is there any place to look to find out if the service successfully connected to the database?

I've added this feature to the next version.

In the current version, if there is nothing in your errorlog, this means that the connection is working.
pgarrard
Engaged Sweeper
OK that error went away. The lansweeper is listening on 9524 and SQL is listening on 1433. but I still get a failure on connecting lsclient. The Errorlog for lansweeper indicated that the "Persist Security" parameter was not supported so I removed it the errorlog is now clear.
Is there any place to look to find out if the service successfully connected to the database?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Coul you describe your setup please.

Normal setup:

Sql server running
Lansweeper service running on one server, which connects to the sqlserver on port 1433
Lsclient running on the client connecting to the lansweeper service running op port 9542
pgarrard
Engaged Sweeper
Not in any direct way. The server is used as the DHCP provider but no connections are set up for the SQL server from anywhere but the lansweeper running on the same server. The same error is presented from the local server as well. Can there be an error in the configuration that could cause this? I did have some trouble getting the web interface connected. I had to change the configuration of SQL to allow remote connections per microsoft kb 914277, then it worked OK.