cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkerr
Engaged Sweeper
I have been through the article in the KB and am still having trouble with this error. About 10 of the 300 machines in my environment produce this error and I am out of ideas. Any help would be great the boss is wanting the inventory to be complete by noon friday and I am sweating.
5 REPLIES 5
JamesinIT
Engaged Sweeper
I found the script they had at the bottom of this page fixed every instance that was not firewall related for me:

http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/WMI-Access-is-denied.aspx
tkerr
Engaged Sweeper
Get-WmiObject : The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
At line:1 char:43
+ $PC = Read-Host "wmitche-lt";Get-WmiObject <<<< win32_desktop -ComputerName $PC -ErrorVariable wmierror;if ($wmierro
r -ne $null) {Write-Host "WMI error of " $wmierror};else {Write-Host "Was able to connect to PC " $PC}
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-WmiObject], COMException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetWMICOMException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetWmiObjectCommand

WMI error of The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
The term 'else' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelli
ng of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:168
+ $PC = Read-Host "wmitche-lt";Get-WmiObject win32_desktop -ComputerName $PC -ErrorVariable wmierror;if ($wmierror -ne
$null) {Write-Host "WMI error of " $wmierror};else <<<< {Write-Host "Was able to connect to PC " $PC}
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (else:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
Open powershell and run the command:

$PC = Read-Host "Enter PC name";Get-WmiObject win32_desktop -ComputerName $PC -ErrorVariable wmierror;if ($wmierror -ne $null) {Write-Host "WMI error of " $wmierror};else {Write-Host "Was able to connect to PC " $PC}

It will try to connect via WMI (same as Lansweeper) to the target PC and let you know if it worked or not. If not it will post the error message, copy it and let me know what it is.
tkerr
Engaged Sweeper
WMI Access is denied 0x80070005. I am running the ip range scanning so there is no logging in.
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
What exactly are the errors? What OS are the errors happening on?

Also just for kicks, try logging in as another user name and see if it still errors.