cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
MBI
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello,

I would like to know if Lansweeper can create automatically recurring tickets for IT maintenance purposes.

Last post I saw about this was dated back from 2018, is this a feature that is available now?

We are using Lansweeper 10.2.2.0

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GoodLuck123456
Engaged Sweeper III

We just use windows task scheduler to run a powershell script.

Send-MailMessage -To "myhelpdesk@abc.com" -From "myhelpdesk@abc.com" -Subject "subject line" -Body "email text" -SmtpServer "myMailRelay.abc.com" -BodyAsHtml

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
erling_AK
Engaged Sweeper II

Make a report including the asset you want.
Under e-mail alerts  make a group. ex.name. "Ticket creator". In the group add your e-mail adress you use for Lansweeper. Make sure that you have an noreply adress. ex. noreply.helpdesk@domain.com.
You add that noreply adress under E-mail Alerts/E-mail Server/From address.
Make sure the settings on that adress deletes all incoming mail.
Under E-mail Alerts\E-mail/Export reports. Add report. (the report you made earlier.) Set type. Choose your e-mail group (Ticket creator). I usually use HTML as Export type. Set time schedules.
Now under Helpdesk settings, E-mail settings, Ticket dispatching you can Add rule whats going to happen when Lansweeper recievs the report you made earlier.

GoodLuck123456
Engaged Sweeper III

We just use windows task scheduler to run a powershell script.

Send-MailMessage -To "myhelpdesk@abc.com" -From "myhelpdesk@abc.com" -Subject "subject line" -Body "email text" -SmtpServer "myMailRelay.abc.com" -BodyAsHtml

This feature is one that should be implemented natively. 
There are several reasons why a Powershell script and scheduled task is inferior, such as formatting or having an attachment with a recurring ticket.

Sure - but they won't as they aren't developing the helpdesk anymore.

Someone will be along to tell you that they are spending their time on integrating with other expensive products soon.

GoodLuck123456
Engaged Sweeper III

I don't think Lansweeper can do this - we use scheduled tasks to email the helpdesk.  It works for us but the dispatching rules can be quite limiting if you want to set several categories when the ticket is generated.

MBI
Engaged Sweeper II

Ah ok thank you for the tip!

MBI
Engaged Sweeper II

Thank you for the reply. Where in Lansweeper can we create scheduled tasks? Thank you