cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quagmoto
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Guys,

A little background information, iperf is used for network bandwidth performance monitoring and we wanted to find a way to trigger a batch file to be run from a specific computer. This batch file connects the workstation to the server for a bandwidth test.

How do I get a batch file to run off the action sceen and ensure it runs from the workstation I want and not my own?

Regards,

QuA
7 REPLIES 7
isit
Engaged Sweeper
I finally got the program to stay put. However, the netcps.exe program is giving me the "not licensed for governent use" error. Can anyone help me bypass this or what changes need to be made for me to get this program to work? Thanks
isit
Engaged Sweeper
I am having a hard time trying to get Bull's program to work. Can somebody help me??? The program will run but the CMD screen will not stay up long enough for me to view the results. HELP!
quagmoto
Engaged Sweeper II
Works great! Thanks Bull, i editted it to work with Jperf!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry for the delay, but here goes a way to measure transfer speeds.
On a server run the server part (I run it on a rdp session, on the autorun of my user, on Server1):
NetCPS.exe -server

On the Lansweeper custom action add this:
\\server\share$\Lansweeper\psexec.exe \\{computer} -c \\server\share$\Lansweeper\netcps.exe Server1

you will need psexec as you can see... and the measurement will be on the "Server1" like this:
NetCPS 1.0 - Entering server mode. Press ^C to quit
Waiting for new connection...
Client connected from 10.xx.xx.xx
---> CPS 6660096.00 KPS: 6504.00 MPS: 6.35
Avrg CPS 7794365.50 KPS: 7611.69 MPS: 7.43
Peek CPS 8806400.00 KPS: 8600.00 MPS: 8.40
Client disconnected. 104857600 Kb transferred in 13.45 seconds.

Waiting for new connection...

I usually have predefined computers that I need to test, so I do it this way:

speedtest.bat:
FOR /F %%a in (speedtest.txt) Do \\server\share$\Lansweeper\psexec.exe \\%%a -c \\server\share$\Lansweeper\netcps.exe Server1

speedtest.txt:
hostname1
hostname2
hostnameX

When I run the batch file speedtest.bat I collect all the connection speeds I need.
Perkins
Engaged Sweeper
I am interested too.
jacobsenm
Engaged Sweeper III
I am interested too.
Please post the custom action.

Regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use Netcps for that, if it fits your needs, I can post my custom action.
http://www.netchain.com/netcps/