cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vdeoliveira
Engaged Sweeper
Can anyone describe the behavior of AD integration. If I have it set to scan my entire domain. I also had it scan quite an IP range. Here's the thing -- we have some AD objects that did not show up.

I was running a test to see what factors determined whether or not something showed up as an asset. I have AD objects (computers) that were not on when I scanned the network, but were nevertheless in AD. These systems never showed up as assets. Is this standard behavior?

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Active Scanning (Active Directory Domain target in 6.0) only scans computers as they report to a domain controller. To scan all (enabled) computer objects directly from Active Directory, use Scheduled Computer Scanning instead. In Lansweeper 6.0, this is the Active Directory Computer Path target under Scanning\Scanning Targets.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
By "this", I am referring to scanning Linux servers joined to the domain using Active Scanning. "this" does not appear to be working.
Thanks, Jim Lovejoy __________________________________________________________________________________________________ James W. Lovejoy | IBM - Cloud Managed Services Delivery | Infrastructure Architect (Windows Server ...
AdmJLovejoy wrote:
By "this", I am referring to scanning Linux servers joined to the domain using Active Scanning. "this" does not appear to be working.

If the issue persists in the latest 5.3 or 6.0 release of Lansweeper, could you contact support@lansweeper.com so we can troubleshoot via email.
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
Hi Susan, this does not appear to be true for Linux computers joined to the Domain. Please confirm.
Thanks, Jim Lovejoy __________________________________________________________________________________________________ James W. Lovejoy | IBM - Cloud Managed Services Delivery | Infrastructure Architect (Windows Server ...
AdmJLovejoy wrote:
Hi Susan, this does not appear to be true for Linux computers joined to the Domain. Please confirm.

Not sure what you are specifically referring to with "this", but both Active Scanning and Scheduled Computer Scanning should scan non-Windows machines as well. Active Scanning will only scan ones that report to domain controllers, while Scheduled Computer Scanning will pull enabled computer objects directly from AD. (Specifically, these non-Windows machines are scanned as if they were submitted for IP Address Range Scanning.)
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Active Scanning (Active Directory Domain target in 6.0) only scans computers as they report to a domain controller. To scan all (enabled) computer objects directly from Active Directory, use Scheduled Computer Scanning instead. In Lansweeper 6.0, this is the Active Directory Computer Path target under Scanning\Scanning Targets.