cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amyers16
Engaged Sweeper II

I want to be able to track software that Lansweeper isn't picking up in its scans. For example, we are running Jira on Linux but it's installed from a .bin file, not RPM so Lansweeper doesn't see it. I am able to create the software license manually in the Software section, but I do not see a way to assign/attach this to the system in question. 

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Unfortunately, adding purchased license information is only available for Windows assets currently (see screen snippet below). Lansweeper will compare the number of licenses you entered against the number of scanned software installations in your network. So unscanned software cannot be compared for Windows assets either.

2022-10-26 17_09_35-Window.png

What you could look into, is the following:

2022-10-26 17_17_00-Window.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rom
Champion Sweeper III

Out of the box, no...  but Obi's suggestion is really good with the file/registry scan entry, and those are super easy to report on.

For Jira, reference:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/important-directories-and-files-938847744.html  - take your pick out of those

And, once you know what has something, you can conversely report on what *doesn't  have something - i.e. compliance reports.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Unfortunately, adding purchased license information is only available for Windows assets currently (see screen snippet below). Lansweeper will compare the number of licenses you entered against the number of scanned software installations in your network. So unscanned software cannot be compared for Windows assets either.

2022-10-26 17_09_35-Window.png

What you could look into, is the following:

2022-10-26 17_17_00-Window.png

Okay, I appreciate the help with the workaround. Is adding license compliance something on the roadmap for Mac & Linux systems?

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

This feature is on our customer wish list, but not in active development so we cannot guarantee that this feature will be implemented or provide you with an estimated release date at this time.

amyers16
Engaged Sweeper II

Going to guess this is a no then...