cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkrelic
Champion Sweeper
My company moved to LS from Spiceworks due to LS's superiority of asset tracking and inventory. The helpdesk portion of LS was a nice added bonus with a boat load of bells and whistles to play with. With that said, we've ran into quite a few 'quirks' with the LS helpdesk that just aren't sitting right with us.

1. For starters, the latest update .67 left us with a problem. See: https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst15453_-Possible-bug--Default-ticket-type.aspx#post52117
  2. When a user submits a ticket and it doesn't get picked up by an agent and then the user replies to that ticket they created to update it further, another ticket is created with a RE: as well as a ticket number increase to which we have to merge them together.
  3. When I enable Ticket Dispatching rules, no matter what kind of rule I create, it will always set any incoming ticket as the first in the list.
  4. The lack of useful [Tags] for Outgoing E-mail templates.
  5. The lack of HTML5.
  6. When a new ticket comes in and it is 'Picked up' by an agent, the agent will change the type of the ticket. But when closing out said ticket, none of our custom closing rules are firing off. For example, we have a password support ticket type, but when closing that ticket, we can't select our custom field in that ticket to update
  7. We were spoiled with Spiceworks' hash/pound (#) commands to control tickets.
  8. There is no filter for recently closed tickets. I know I could run a report to generate this, but it would be much easier to have an already created filter that shows recently closed tickets for the past 7 days that I could just click on and see those tickets in the Helpdesk window

Many of the items I have listed are probably wishlist items and I have created a few posts in that thread for them. But these are the main things that we are experiencing that are making our experience not so pleasant.

1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I've added some comments/help for your points below.

1. For starters, the latest update .67 left us with a problem.

1. I personally did some tests on a local installation and was unable to reproduce this. however, you can always try to update to the latest version 6.0.100.75 and see if the issue still persists. If it does you can always contact our technical support at support@lansweeper.com

2. When a user submits a ticket and it doesn't get picked up by an agent and then the user replies to that ticket they created to update it further, another ticket is created with a RE: as well as a ticket number increase to which we have to merge them together.

The helpdesk identifies tickets by checking the prefix and the ticket number. If a user does send 2 e-mail with without a prefix and ticket number, 2 tickets will be created in the helpdesk. A way to avoid this is to create an outgoing ticket template which informs the user of his ticket. If the user wants to add information he can reply to this outgoing e-mail template and since it will have the prefix and ticket number in it, his added information will get added to his existing ticket.

3. When I enable Ticket Dispatching rules, no matter what kind of rule I create, it will always set any incoming ticket as the first in the list.

When creating ticket dispatching rules, take care not to enable 'Stop processing' by accident. When enabled, if the specified rule is met, the ticket is assigned based on that rule.

6. When a new ticket comes in and it is 'Picked up' by an agent, the agent will change the type of the ticket. But when closing out said ticket, none of our custom closing rules are firing off. For example, we have a password support ticket type, but when closing that ticket, we can't select our custom field in that ticket to update

Ticket custom fields are specific to each ticket type. Each ticket type's custom fields can be configured by navigating to Configuration\Ticket Content. Also, be sure to enable "Required for Closing".

There is no filter for recently closed tickets. I know I could run a report to generate this, but it would be much easier to have an already created filter that shows recently closed tickets for the past 7 days that I could just click on and see those tickets in the Helpdesk window

You can view the report in the web console by searching for it in the report tab, or you can add the report to the Alert report widget in one of the dashboards. There are also other widgets available to give you information about helpdesk stats.

As mentioned above, if you do think something is not working as designed or need help with something you can always contact our technical support. I've also linked this topic to the feature requests you mentioned in your post.